Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our First Visit to the Doctor

On July 8, 2010 at 2:30pm we went to Baptist Hospital for our first ultrasound appointment.  I was completely overwhelmed by the experience.  We saw the heartbeat of Lil' Shaffa at 165 times per minute.  I immediately started crying and Mike stood beside me squeezing my hand as we watched in amazement.  We looked at each other and both began laughing hysterically.  It was the most incredible experience.  I can't believe that this is finally happening.  We've talked about it for so long and now it is our reality. 

At 3:10 we had our appointment with Dr. Reynolds and had to wait forever to see her.  She eventually came in and talked with us for a long time.  We got a pregnancy planner and several goodies including prescription strength prenatal vitamins.  All the vitamins I need rolled into one!  We had a long list of questions for Dr. Reynolds and she rattled off the answers like a pro.  I have a feeling she may be used to "first time" parents.  Her answers were more than satisfactory to us and we felt extremely positive about the experience we were embarking on with her.

We are proud to show off the first of many many photos of our little bambino, Lil' Shaffa.



1 comment:

  1. I really love Lil Shaffa's booty. I'm so glad you included it in your pic. :)

    Thanks for posting - it's soooo exciting!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete