Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going Once, Going Twice....

OK- So I haven't been around very many women that are pregnant, but my very dear friend who was recently pregnant, related to me the crazy remarks people made to her throughout her pregnancy.  I never realized how sensitive pregnant women can be... until NOW!

Those who know me, know that I often have trouble using my "filter" when I speak (although I've gotten better over the years). Therefore, I've decided not to take things too personally, however I thought it would be a good idea to document the crazy comments said to me throughout this experience.
I'm sure it will make for a good laugh at some point...

We are already off to a good start!

So, the first few crazy and insensitive things were said by co-workers just minutes after I announced the good news. 

1) "Well, how far along are you, because my sister just had a miscarriage last month..."

2) "Hey, I have a good idea, You should auction off it's middle name!" 



    Don't worry Lil' Shaffa, your name will be chosen with much love, thought, and consideration by me and your Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Classic! I can give you a million more insensitive remarks - people are especially "kind" in the later days of pregnancy - they absolutely love to comment on the size of your belly!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not any fun until they're about two years old...before that about all they do is sh*t, p*ss and cry! So call me in about two years! Love you, Grandbob

    ReplyDelete