Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's About Time

On June 14, 2010 (Flag Day) Mike and I found out we were expecting our first baby. We went out to dinner to celebrate and came home to take two more "confirmation" tests. The next day, I made a phone call to our Doctor and was surprised to find out that I had to wait three more weeks for our first visit. I was about to explode with excitement and wanted to tell everyone I knew. I immediately notified my acupuncturist to make sure that continued treatments through pregnancy was safe. Being able to tell her satisfied my immediate need to spread the news for a short while and I ended up telling my mom the next day. I placed the burden of keeping the secret on her. She was awesome! I had someone to talk to that had been through the same experience while being confident that our secret was safe.


Mike suggested that we wait until the Fourth of July weekend to give our parents the good news, since they would all be at our house together. It was important for us to share the news with our loved ones in person, but we needed a clever way to share the good news. We came up with an idea to design a onesie with the name of what we will call the baby for now, "Lil' Shaffa". Shaffa is obviously derived from the last name Shaffor and was Mike's nickname all through high school and college. It stuck. So, now we are anxiously waiting for the arrival of Lil Shaffa.


This is the design that Mike created for the onesies we gave our family.  The outer design of the circle is reminiscent of the design from our wedding invitations.






1 comment:

  1. awww!! how cute! I want a onesie : )

    So happy for you, Jonna & Mike. You will make awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete