Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Namaste

I look forward mostly to Sundays.  Every Sunday evening at 6:30 I attend my prenatal yoga class.  I love the class for many reasons. 

At the beginning of every class all of the "Moms to be" discuss their concerns or challenges from the previous week and our instructor tailors the class according to our specific needs. 

I'm emersed in class with other women going through this same experience which is so fulfilling.  Each woman in the class is at a different stage in their pregnancy which is so refreshing because I get advice from those who have "been there" and sympathy from those that are "going through it" like I am. 

Lil' Shaffa, I want you to know that we set our intentions for class at the beginning of every practice.  My intention for class is that I will do everything in my power to ensure that you are healthy and will always be surrounded by all the love you need and deserve. 

I've been taking yoga classes for years, but for the first time I now feel as if every practice has a real purpose. 


MY TOP THREE PRENATAL POSES

                                        3). CAT-COW STRETCH
                                        2). PIGEON POSE
                                        1). HAPPY BABY POSE

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the happy baby pose. :) I love it now even more than I ever have because I actually understand why they call it the happy baby pose after living with Lyla Q.

    And, it brings back a lot of great (smelly) memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, good times. Little did we know back then what we were preparing for!

    ReplyDelete